Drop-in Activities for all ages at Vaughan Community Centres
Looking for something exciting to do on Family Day? Recreation facilities across Vaughan are offering many fun and free options for parents looking to spend some quality time with their children on Monday, Feb. 16.
In addition to regularly scheduled recreation programs and lessons, participating community centres are offering drop-in activities for all ages at no cost. Highlights of free activities include:
- Recreational skating sponsored by Tim Hortons at Al Palladini, Garnet A. Williams and Maple arenas from noon to 2 p.m.
- Skating and shinny hockey on outdoor rinks visit vaughan.ca/skate
- Access to Vaughan Fitness Centres for ages 13 years and older including the use of cardio and strength-training equipment, indoor tracks, squash courts and saunas. For guidelines, visit vaughan.ca/fitness
- Fitness classes for ages 13 years and older including power cycling, yoga, Pilates, boot camp and Zumba (capacity restrictions apply)
- Sports, including basketball, bocce, soccer, dodgeball and glow-in-the-dark bowling
- Games rooms featuring Wii, Xbox, pool tables, foosball, air hockey and ping pong
- Family nature walk (pets welcome) at the Maple Nature Reserve
- Arts and crafts zone and special needs summer camp teaser at the Maple Community Centre
Other leisure activities such as aquafitness, and parent and tot, length and recreational swimming, are offered throughout the day at a nominal fee.
Family Day activity schedules are online at vaughan.ca/recreation and available at all community centres. For more information, contact the Recreation and Culture department at 905-832-8500 or email email@example.com.
Visit the City of Vaughan’s website at www.vaughan.ca.