Did you know the City of Vaughan’s website had more than 1.4-million visits last year? And almost half of them came from people using mobile devices.
The website has been enhanced to improve your online experience. The new look and feel gives users improved access to information as well as providing a consistent online experience on all types of digital devices.
The enhancements also feature a number of accessibility improvements including language translation, font size, colour contrast customization and an accessibility app, which allows users to navigate the site hands-free.
Here’s how these improvements can help you:
Optimal viewing experience on all digital devices
- Responsive design: This improves the user experience and maintains visual consistency across all digital devices, including your desktop computer, smartphone, tablet or smart-TV.
Find what you’re looking for quicker
- New homepage layout: Now there’s a large search bar and new toolbars that highlight news, public meetings and business, as well as “Discover Vaughan” and “How Do I…” sections.
Enhanced accessibility features
- Language translation (Google Translate): Google’s online language translation service instantly translates content into 90 different languages, including Arabic, Bulgarian, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish and Swedish.
- Font size and colour contrast customization: To improve readability users can enlarge or shrink the font size and change the colour contrast according to their preferences.
- eSSENTIAL AccessibilityTM assistive technology: This application allows users with limited use of their hands to navigate the City’s website with ease. Functions include voice control, hands-free tracking and much .
These improvements highlight the City of Vaughan’s commitment to delivering service excellence to residents and businesses as well as providing more opportunities for engagement.